Online application software for admission has many benefits over traditional paper based system. This is why deploying online application software for admission is now a more practical choice. We need a comparative discussion between online versus traditional to explore why online application software for admission is a better choice.
In traditional paper based admission process every year students in thousands queue up for collecting admission/application forms and then again for submitting the admission/application forms. This was a tedious process for both students and admission authority of colleges and universities.
Benefits of online admission system will clarify why this system is winning over traditional system. These benefits are:
- Avoid hectic submission process: Allows candidates / students to fill application form at their convenient time while staying at their comfort zone. All that is required is access to a computer and internet connectivity. Messy handwriting, lack of postal connectivity, delay in courier delivery etc. are unlikely to disrupt the application process. This is a great advantage to candidates in rural areas and candidates with disabilities.
- No Long Queues: Candidates don’t need to stand in long queues to collect/submit application forms.
- Make work simple for admission authority: Admission management get several very useful benefits from it. For example, quick access to students records and databases, efficient systems for filtering out candidates and processing of applications is possible through the online application process. The costs of processing applications and employing additional manpower during admissions are slashed with the implementation of online admission.
- Increase accuracy and efficiency: In traditional paper based admission process universities officials receive thousands of applications each day during admission time. This process is tiresome. Doing tiresome work affects people with fatigues. In many cases errors in work happen from fatigues. So old process is error prone. Each error could cost students their academic career and educational prospects. The online admission system is highly reliable and efficient and eliminates chances of such errors.
- No Geographical Boundary: Another significant advantage of online admission system is students/candidates from all regions of the country can apply without any hassle. It eliminates the inconveniences caused by ailments and exigencies, providing deserving candidates a convenience that has never before been available.
The online admission has a few drawbacks too. These are stated below:
- Internet access:In today’s digital Bangladesh Internet penetration is in satisfactory level. But connectivity and speed are a major obstacle to may Internet users particularly students of rural areas. In addition, most rural areas experience high blackout and electricity issues. So this system may not bring the same advantage to students in rural areas on contrary to applicants in the urban areas.
- Computer literacy: In Bangladesh, many students still are not sufficient computer literate. have rudimentary knowledge on the Internet and computer.
- Security Concerns: Hackers may target online admission process of Educational institutes and can manipulate admission. Online malpractice like hacking is now a common practice here in Bangladesh. Unintentional system failures or server crashes may disrupt the entire admission process of Universities and Colleges. Another important concern is the confidentiality of students information.
Institute with online admission process:
Many colleges, universities, educational institutes migrate from traditional paper based to online admission in Bangladesh. For example Bangabandhu Maritime University Join Bangladesh navy.Unlocklive has successfully developed and installed the system for these prestigious institutes.Many other institutes are in the pipeline to install this system.
Considering using an online admission system for your institute? please visit here.